Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mamas' Day

She made your dark, deep, curious eyes




She made your soft, brown, tousled  hair


She made your long, delicate fingers

 Your eyes tell a story only she and you know

  She made you feisty and fun




She gave you life

 Your rosey, plump cheeks were first kissed by her



She made your funny big toes and skinny feet



She made your eyes disappear when you smile


Your life was never the same because of her


My life was never the same because of her


You see...

She made me a Mom



She made me your mom

Photo by Jen Lebo

Our Mother's Day is shared with another: One that is held in our hearts and one that holds you in her arms. 


"A child born to another woman calls me Mom. The depth of the tragedy and magnitude of the privilege are not lost on me."
 - Joy Landers.

No comments:

Post a Comment